Yearly Health Checks
Around 1 in every 4 of our patients are living with a long-term health condition.
We want to help you understand and live well with your condition and medications by having a Yearly Health Check.
- Help you understand your health condition(s)
- Help you understand your medication(s) and check it is right for you
- Help us understand what matters to you
- Make a plan together to improve your health and wellbeing
We want to know what matters to you during this review. Please have a look at the form below and discuss it with the practice nurse.
If you have a long term health condition (lists below) we will contact you in your birthday month every year and invite you to make an appointment for your Yearly Health Check.
- Diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Heart disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Stroke or TIA
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Thyroid conditions
- Kidney disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Long-term mental health conditions like schizophrenia or bipolar affective disorder
When you get your invitation just phone and speak to our Care Coordinators who will tell you what is needed.
Depending on your condition, this may be an appointment for a blood test, blood pressure check etc and then a practice nurse telephone appointment to review the results, or simply a practice nurse telephone appointment if bloods are not required.
The video below describes the process in a bit more detail. So, look out for the text or letter during your birthday month and make the appointment.